Disclosure Obligation under PDPAback home
Fulfilling the disclosure obligation pursuant to Paragraph 1, Article 8 of the Personal Data Protection Act
Dear members of the public, since the collection of personal information concerns your rights to privacy protection, pursuant to regulations from Paragraph 1, Article 8 of the Personal Data Protection Act (hereinafter “the Act”), when collecting personal information from you, the Ministry of Finance (hereinafter “the Ministry”) shall clearly inform you of the following matters:
- The name of the government agency.
- The purpose of the collection.
- The categories of the personal information to be collected.
- The time period, territory, recipients, and methods of which the personal information is used.
- The data subject’s rights under Article 3 and the methods for exercising such rights.
- The data subject’s rights and interests that will be affected if he/she elects not to provide his/her personal information.
Regarding the purpose of personal information collection, categories of the personal information, and the time period, territory, recipients, and methods of which the personal information is used, please read the following attachment in detail.
In line with regulations from Article 3 of the Act, you shall be able to exercise the following rights with regard to your personal information being retained by the Ministry:
- With the exception of conditions specified in Article 10 of the Act, you may make an inquiry of, ask to review, or request a copy of your personal information. However, pursuant to Article 14 of the Act, the Ministry may charge a fee to cover necessary relevant costs.
- You may request to supplement or correct your personal information; however, pursuant to Article 19 of the Enforcement Rules of the Personal Data Protection Act, you shall provide an adequate explanation therefor.
- Pursuant to Paragraph 4, Article 11 of the Act, you may request the Ministry to erase the personal information collected or cease collecting, processing, or using the personal information in the event where the collection, processing, or use of the personal information is in violation of the Act.
- In line with regulations from Paragraph 2, Article 11 of the Act, in the event of a dispute regarding the accuracy of the personal information, you may request the Ministry to cease processing or using your personal information. Unless the processing or use is either necessary for the performance of an official duty or fulfillment from the Ministry, or agreed to by you in writing, and the dispute has been recorded.
- Pursuant to regulations from Paragraph 3, Article 11 of the Act, when the specific purpose of data collection no longer exists, or upon expiration of the relevant time period, you may request the Ministry to erase or cease processing or using your personal information. Unless the processing or use is either necessary for the performance of an official duty or fulfillment from the Ministry, or agreed to by you in writing.
If you wish to exercise the preceding rights of the data subject as specified in Article 3 of the Act, you may inquire the method of exercise through the following email address or phone number.
You may elect whether to provide your personal information; however, in the event that you refuse to provide relevant personal information, the Ministry will not be able to execute necessary processing procedures, rendering us unable to provide you with certain relevant services.
In case you have any questions or concerns regarding the preceding information, please dial “1988” customer hotline.
I have read and understood the above-mentioned matters that the Ministry of Finance has informed me.
Descriptions of the specific purpose To execute specific purpose including your application and recipient of the Executive Yuan’s Universal Economic Result-sharing Cash Remittance (including: The management and service of the applicant or recipient’s funds; handling of financial disputes; collection, processing, and use of personal information for the performance of an official duty or fulfillment; matters related to contractual or quasi-contractual or other legal relationship management; consumer protection; information and telecommunications (ICT) service; ICT and database management; ICT security and management; survey, statistics, and research analysis; other consulting and advisory service; social service or social work; financial service industry’s collection and processing information in accordance with laws and needs for financial supervision and non-government agency collect or process personal information under legal obligations; administration of government subsidies or relief payments; internal agency management, public affair supervision, administrative assistance, and relevant services in other central government agency and its affiliated agencies). The categories of the personal information to be collected Your national ID number or resident permit number, financial institution account number, NHI card number, and other personal information that you enter at the Executive Yuan’s Universal Economic Result-sharing Cash Remittance Website, which may be used to directly or indirectly identify the data subject. Data recipient:
- The Ministry (including agencies that the Ministry commissions for business/service processing).
- Legally required or authorized government agencies or contractually obligated non-government agencies.
Time period of data use
- For the duration of the specific purpose.
- According to relevant laws and regulations (such as the Business Entity Accounting Act), or storage period required for the performance of an official duty or fulfillment or information storage as specified by individual contract (whichever is the longest of the aforementioned duration or storage period).
Territory of data use The area within Taiwan specified in the preceding “data recipient” section. Methods of use Collection, processing, and use via automated or other non-automated machinery or equipment in line with laws and regulations related to personal data protection.
- I .